Job title: Project Executive
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Full time position to start as soon as possible
DEVELOPMENT Solutions (DS) is a European consultancy and serves the international donor and business community in support of sustainable development and investments objectives, primarily in emerging markets. Our work covers the fields of international trade and economy; environmental conservation and energy efficiency; and business facilitation and SME support. This expertise is built on our strong grounding in project design and management, research, policy analysis and business, public and government relations. Further information regarding our projects and expertise is available at www.development-solutions.eu.
We are currently seeking a highly-motivated Project Executive to join our team to support the implementation of an EU funded project focused on trade facilitation and analysis in the context of the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement with Canada (CETA). Reporting directly to the Project Manager, the position will support activities of the project including, but not limited to: communications and online outreach activities, presenting the objectives of the project to relevant stakeholders, compiling information materials and regular reporting on project deliverables. Very good communication and relationship-building skills are a necessity given the need for regular cooperation and liaison with EU businesses, chambers of commerce, business associations as well as government entities.
Prospective candidates will preferably have a university degree in public policy, international relations or economics. They should have a strong passion for work in the public sector, addressing issues in international trade and private sector business facilitation. In addition, they should have excellent written and spoken English and French.
Qualifications - Ideal candidates require:
- Reliability, initiative, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Ability to work with limited direction, and capacity to ensure strong coordination with colleagues and stakeholders, as well as strong organisational skills;
- Very good communication and relationship-building ability with strong client servicing skills;
- Highly motivated and hard working ;
- Understanding of and experience in online media outreach;
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); competence in graphic design programmes is advantage;
- Excellent knowledge in spoken and written English and French is required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “Full-time Project Executive position in Brussels” in the email heading. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling-basis. In your application please indicate your soonest availability to take up this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.